In September 2019, a special GA was held to vote on a
seven-person leadership committee
1. Develop a long-range plan for the facility
2. Meet the needs for the next 50 years (through 2070)
3. Based on the community's input, make one final building recommendation:
to rehab, rebuild, or relocate our current facilities*
4. Include supporting financial and logistical plans
with the final building recommendation
5. Use the work of the previous committees
to build from as a foundation
* In 2017, a discussion of our long-term needs and wants for our facilities led to three subcommittees that were formed to explore and develop the following three building options... or do nothing:
REHAB, REBUILD or RELOCATE
[cost estimates are approximate and may be dated]
The final building recommendation will be voted on at the 2021 Fall General Assembly
More to come...
Photo: In 1885, the Church of Our Redeemer built the original structure at 17 Meriam Street in Lexington.